I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

His Word Sunday

Understanding = Great Joy

I absolutely love Sundays!  I love getting to see my friends that I haven't seen all week.  I love getting to sing in the choir.  I love opening my Bible and gaining new insight from God's Word.

I know however, that as I'm listing all these, "I loves" - there are others who may not "love church" or love opening God's Word because it may shine a light on things they would rather keep hidden.

I read something this morning that just might give someone hope if this is how they feel about Sunday!

In Nehemiah, they were rebuilding Jerusalem after a long exile in Babylon.  In other words, they were very far removed from knowing God's ways.  So one day, Nehemiah (the Governor) had Ezra (the scribe) read from "the Book of the Law" - basically the first 5 books of the Bible.

Imagine how these people must have felt when they heard how God really intended them to live!  I'm sure much like we do today when we go to church and hear sermons that bring conviction!

But then Ezra told them this... and it is my prayer that we all go and leave from church today with this mindset.

Nehemiah 8: 10(b) - 12 (ESV)
"For this day is holy to our Lord.  And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."  So the Levites calmed all the people, saying, "Be quiet, for this day is holy; do not be grieved." 

And all the people went their way to eat and drink and to send portions and to make great rejoicing, because they had understood the words that were declared to them.

May we all be strengthened, rejoice and experience His joy as we leave with a better understanding of our God and how He wants us to live!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!