I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

His Word Sunday

He's Got Really Big Hands!

One of the very first sermons I ever heard John preach was about hands.  He talked about how big his Dad's hands were and how that fact comforted him as a little boy.

Then, after we were married, I too was comforted by this genetic trait... I loved how John would always hold my hand no matter where we went!  His hands often kept me from falling, as he would hold me up when I would trip on a rock or bump in the road.

I miss John holding my hand... but the Lord is still holding it!  Check this out...

Psalm 37:22 (ESV)
The steps of a man are established by the Lord, 
when he delights in His way; 
though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, 
for the Lord upholds his hand.

Our job here is to delight in the ways of the Lord and hold on tight!  Yes, we're going to fall - but He's got us in His hands!  What a comfort!

I love you all dearly!  Let's all hold on tight together!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!