I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Reviving the Stones

It's just one more week of prep time and then the students arrive!  Sometimes I still have to pinch myself to see if this is all reality.  The Lord has done some amazing things in my life lately.



My children have friends and are happy.  I have a job and a great one at that!  I have family & friends who love me and are doing many things to help me smile daily.

In some way, almost every day, the Lord shows me that He is reviving me - in spite of all that was lost.

I read something that scoffer said in scripture to Nehemiah - and although he meant it to hurt - it couldn't be more true!  Check this out...

Nehemiah 4:1-2 (ESV)
Now when Sanballat heard that we were building the wall, he was angry and greatly enraged, and he jeered at the Jews.  And he said in the presence of his brothers and of the army of Samaria, "What are these feeble Jews doing?  Will they restore it for themselves?  Will they sacrifice?  Will they finish up in a day?  Will they revive the stones out of the heaps of rubbish, and burned ones at that?"

Just a little history, the Temple of the Lord had been utterly destroyed and ransacked when the children of Israel had been exiled.  And now they have been allowed to return and rebuild the city wall and the temple.

Do you ever feel like your life is just one big rubbish pile?  That possibly it's even burned it parts?  Totally destroyed?

On December 30, 2010 I felt like my world was destroyed.  All the dreams John & I once shared were now just rubbish.

But today, almost 8 months later - a resounding YES to Sanballat's question... Yes!  My God can revive the stones out of the heaps of rubbish  Yes!  He can even rebuild using the burned ones at that!

I don't know what this next school year is going to hold for me.  I'm nervous and very anxious.  I know I will mess up - I know I will edit and revise and learn many lessons.  But for now, I'm very proud to say that my God has revived the stones that were once in the rubbish pile - and He can do the same for you!

Let the rebuilding begin!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!