I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

His Word Sunday

God Gives Growth

There are so many WONDERFUL verses in today's One Year Bible.  I must say I struggled to pick just one passage to share with you this morning.  I admit that before picking one - me & the Lord had a sweet time together.  I pray you too find a sweet time with Him today.

In Texas we are experiencing extreme droughts - little rain, lots of green things are turning to brown.... so these verses really stuck out to me this morning.


Not much around is "growing."  I know we all wonder if our "watering" with our friends and family will ever make a difference.  Will they ever "grow"?

They will!  Just keep building upon Christ's foundation!

1 Corinthians 3:5-7, 10
Servants through whom you believed, 
as the Lord assigned to each.  
I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth.  
So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, 
but only God who gives the growth.  

According to the grace of God given to me, 
like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, 
and someone else is building upon it.  
Let each one take care how he builds upon it.

Today - build upon someone - 

and watch God give the growth!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!