I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sometimes we just need to hear it!

Don't you just love it when someone encourages you?  It sounds so good to hear the words, "I know you can do this!"  Or, "I believe in you and you're going to be great!"

A day didn't go by when John didn't encourage everyone in our family.  He constantly told his children that he was proud of them, as he put them to bed, as they went off to school, daily he did this!

Before any big or small project I had going, he would encourage me profusely.  He truly had a way of making me believe I could do the task - no matter how fearful or doubtful I might have been.

I read in scripture today that our God has done the very same for us.  Check it out:

Deuteronomy 30:11, 14 (ESV)
"For this commandment that I command you today is not too hard for you, neither is it far off."
"But the word is very near you.  It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it!"

Don't you just love hearing from the Lord, "you can do it!"

The commandment He is referring to here is to love the Lord with all your heart and soul.  To obey Him at every turn and to not fall into the ways & lifestyles of those around them.

This sounds pretty easy, but God knew they would be drawn to do things their own way instead of His way.  Boy does this still apply to us today!

I know life can get really hard.  And often times we want the easy way out.  We slow down and stop trying to do things the right way.  But the Lord told the children of Israel and He's telling us today that it's not too hard for us and it's not too lofty of a goal!  His Word is very near and when we read our Bibles... we can do it!

What's on your agenda today?  Did you need to hear, "You can do it!" today?  I know I did!

Now, let's go do it together!


If you're here from iFellowship... WELCOME!
I hope you grab a cup of your favorite beverage
and hang out with me a while!

Leave me a comment, so I'll know you came by
and know that I'll be by later to visit you as well!

Photobucket




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!