I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Gideon's answer to Exhaustion

Wow!  I can't believe I have neglected my dear friend Living Above this many days!  I've been living a crazy schedule - as most of us do every day - with activities, tests, courses, subbing, church, etc.

Yesterday I took another certification exam.  This time it was Math.  So for days I've been studying every Math you can think of - Geometry, Algebra, Calculus, and then in between all that, I've been continuing my online course work - also required for my Alternate Certification.

In a nutshell - I'm exhausted.  I just want to take a day and do absolutely nothing!  Ever been there?

I read something this morning in my One Year Bible that gave me encouragement to keep going - to keep pursuing the task that the Lord has put before me.

I absolutely LOVE the story of Gideon.  He's one of my all-time favorite Bible heros.  If you're unfamiliar with his entire story - check it out... starting in Judges 6:11 - I promise you won't be able to put it down!

The part of Gideon's story that really spoke to me today was what he did after the big battle.  He & his army of just 300 men had already fought the Midianites and killed the 2 princes Oreb & Zeeb.  Yet they had not yet captured the 2 kings.

Judges 8:4 (ESV)
And Gideon came to the Jordan and crossed over, 
he and the 300 men who were with him, 
exhausted yet pursuing.

Now, I don't know about you.... but at this point, I would probably be asking for a break!  It would go something like this, "Lord, thank you so much for letting us win that battle with just 300 men, but we have been on our feet for days, and without the proper nourishment, can we P-L-E-A-S-E take a break?!"

Or to make it a little more modern and closer to home, "Lord, I just can't take it anymore!  I'm tired of studying all the time, I go from one test to another, and for a "break" from studying, I just study a different subject, and I'm still dealing with the aftermath of John's Homegoing, and the kids are always needing something.  I just need to rest for a while."

Yet we see here that after a HUGE battle with a HUGE victory no less - that Gideon continues to work - even though he was exhausted.

So this morning, I prayed that the Lord would give me the strength of Gideon.... to be able to say, "I'm exhausted yet pursuing!"

What about you?  Are you tired?  Is your job not yet finished?

Just so you know... Gideon found those 2 kings - Zebah & Zalmunna... and God gave him victory over his enemies - even through his exhaustion!!

He'll do the same for us too!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!