I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

His Word Sunday

Mercy & Thankfulness

Okay, I'm going to do something a little different this Sunday morning with the scripture verses I want to share with you.

Most of you know, I read my One Year Bible for my daily morning prayer time.  Each day is comprised of a passage from the Old Testament, a passage from the New Testament, a Psalm and a Proverb.

Today the last verse of the New Testament part was complimented beautifully with the first part of the Psalm.  This is what I want to share with you today!

Luke 10 36-37 (ESV)
Which of these three, do you think, proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?"
He said, "The one who showed him mercy."  And Jesus said to him, "You go, and do likewise."

Psalm 75:1 (ESV)
We give thanks to You , O God; we give thanks, for Your name is near.  
We recount Your wondrous deeds.

So many people in the past 3 months have been my "neighbor".  You have cared for me like the Samaritan cared for the injured man on the road to Jericho.  You have shown me mercy!  You have "gone and done likewise" just as Jesus commanded the lawyer.

And because you did... I have the words of the Psalmist on my heart.  I know my God is near.  I have felt His presence every step of the way.  I give thanks to my God, whom has been near to me through you!

Today, I am recounting His wondrous deeds... that He has and is still performing through you!

Today, if you have been shown mercy - thank Him and recount His wondrous deeds!




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!