I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Is this in your will?


Do you have a will?  


Is it detailed and covers all your earthly treasures or is it pretty basic and gives direction for just the big stuff - like kids and bank accounts?

I can barely read scripture these days and not think about my life without John.  Probably for several reasons... 1) he & I always used to talk about our daily prayer time.  Since I don't have him to do that with anymore, I do it on my blog.  So, thank you all for "listening" as he used to!  2) I know God is comforting me with His Words during this time and I'm soaking it up like a sponge!

Recently I read something in Deuteronomy that made me think about my will.  I now have one by the way, but John & I did not have one together.  Nor did we have Life Insurance.  But as I share my story, I have not been able to use the words, "he left me here with nothing."  One, I think that would bring him shame and secondly, I just don't believe it's true.  And the other day, I found out Biblically I'm right!!!

Deuteronomy 8:2 (ESV)
"They shall have no inheritance among their brothers,
the Lord is their inheritance, as He promised them."

These were the instructions the Lord had for the priests that lived & served among the children of Israel.  As soon as I read this, I almost leaped out of my chair, as I was subbing at the High School.

To read the rest of this post - come visit me at Seeds of Faith!

Photobucket


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!