I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Don't let them freak you out!

Today I'm entering into Phase II of my new career.  I'm driving about 2 hours to Region 7 for my interview that will allow me to enter into the Alternate Certification Program.  Orientation is set for this Saturday and so it begins.

The test was the big Phase I of this new project and I know I have many more hurdles to jump through where this is concerned.  The last one being an actual job!

Do you ever wonder if things could just be easy and quiet and free from drama for a while?  Do you ever think, "It's always something!"  I bet the children of Israel thought that same thing.  First they were slaves, then they wandered in the desert for 40 years and then they had to fight battles to claim their land.

I recently read something in my prayer time that connected with these feelings I was having and brought me comfort.  I hope it does so for you today.

Deuteronomy 20:1 (ESV)
"When you go out to war against your enemies, and see horses and chariots and an army larger than your own, you shall not be afraid of them, for the Lord your God is with you, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt."

Okay... several things there... did you notice the word "when" at the very beginning of the verse?  He didn't say "if" or "maybe" - He said, "when you go to war".

We ARE going to encounter wars, we are going to come up against things that are bigger than us.  For the children of Israel it was horses, chariots and armies.  We have our own set of horses, chariots, and armies don't we?

I wrote a few of mine down in my journal.  What are some of yours?  The good news here is the Lord is telling us to be prepared to find them on our journey of faith.  We will encounter them.  But don't freak out when we see them!

He tells us not to be afraid because He's still with us.  They don't surprise the Lord or freak Him out at all!  I don't know about you, but when I encounter things that are bigger than me... again... time after time... I say, "Really God?!  Can't you give me a break?!"  But instead, I might should say, "Oh!  You warned me I would encounter these obstacles.  And comforted me with the fact that You'll be right here beside me!"

This was the prayer I wrote in my journal when I read this verse:
"Lord, You're allowing me to see some very big horses and chariots and armies WAY bigger than me.  Give me Your strength to not be afraid!"

I encourage you to identify your horses, chariots, and armies and let the Lord know you need to feel His presence right beside you!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!