I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

His Word Sunday - He is Risen!

What else can be said this most WONDERFUL morning!!

Matthew 28:5-6 (ESV)
And the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified, "He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said."

Are you looking for Jesus today?  He wants you to find Him and know Him!!

This is my most favorite resurrection passage...

John 20:15-16 (ESV)
Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?  Whom are you seeking?"  
Supposing Him to be the gardener, she said to Him, 
"Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, 
and I will take Him away."

Jesus said to her, "Mary!"  
She turned and said to Him in Hebrew, Rabboni!"  
(which means Teacher).

The Lord knew her name and she recognized her Lord calling out her name!
He knows your name too - do you recognize when He calls it out?

I find immense comfort today in many things... these are just a few...

1.  I'm celebrating with you today the immeasurable hope we have that we serve a Risen Savior.  Our God is no longer in that tomb!

2.  John is getting to thank, celebrate, praise the Lord for all that He did in person!  What a day this must be in Heaven!!!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!