I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

His Word Sunday

How do you handle speculations?

I started a new Ladies Bible Study this past week.  I love it!  It's full of scriptures, (which I love by the way), and I came across an "oldie but a goodie" this week.

I saw something new in it this time around, (which I also love)....

Everyday thoughts & speculations fly through our mind.  Sometimes these thoughts are for good and sometimes they send us in a downward spiral.

One sad thought or worry or speculation leads to another and another and another and before you know it - we're blue, depressed, and almost to the point of being dysfunctional.

So what are we to do?

2 Corinthians 10:5 (NASB)
We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.

Today, as you file into church - get ready for that Sunday afternoon nap - or however you fill this day, do something for me....

DESTROY those speculations and anything else you know goes against the knowledge of Christ!  You are a new creature in Him and He loves you very much!

TAKE CAPTIVE those thoughts and bind them up for this will allow you to be obedient to the Lord.

And let's together catch those downward spirals from begin so destructive.




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!