I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

His Word Sunday

Listen to the Little Ones...

Today I'm praying for my Mom & Dad as they take 4 grandchildren to church.... alone!  This means breakfast, getting them ready - preparing the "church bag," do they have their shoes on the right feet, etc, etc, etc...



Monday morning they start "Grandmother & Papa Camp."  Every year they take all the grandkids and do a fantastic Bible-based Camp - complete with t-shirts, crafts, stories, a theme, swimming, field trips, and everything!!!

So... today's HIS WORD SUNDAY verse is just for them (and the rest of us too of course) but it is posted in their honor.

Psalm 8:2 (ESV)
Out of the mouth of babes and infants, 
you have established Your strength because of Your foes, 
to still the  enemy and the avenger.

Children can at times amaze you with their childlike faith and wisdom - if we would just listen.  The Lord has chosen to give us strength through them!  Enough even to "still the enemy."

I know the Lord has used my children to give me strength lately and I am thankful that the enemy has been put at bay (even for just the moment) by what comes out of their mouths.

Take time this week to see the strength of the Lord from what He sends the little ones around you!!!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!