I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

His Word Sunday

Like Trees

It's early & the house containing John's closest friends are all still asleep. We've spent the entire weekend honoring & celebrating John Franklin, but mostly praising God for not only the work He did through John while he lived on Earth, but the work He's continuing to do through his move to Heaven.

Part of our celebration involved planting a tree in his memory. Much thought & planning went into the choice & location of this fruitful Pecan tree.

I woke up, wanting to still write my normal Sunday morning post - even though I'm not in my normal Sunday morning setting. I read my One Year Bible & could not believe the Psalm that was for today....

I know without a doubt this could be said of John.... May it be so in all of our lives.

Psalm 1:1-3

 1 Oh, the joys of those who do not
      follow the advice of the wicked,
      or stand around with sinners,
      or join in with mockers.
 2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
      meditating on it day and night.
 3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
      bearing fruit each season.
   Their leaves never wither,
      and they prosper in all they do.

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!