I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Hang in there vs. Hang on...

I've heard many words of encouragement in the past 6 months.  All words have been treasured, I assure you!  Some I know were said because they didn't know what to say - and that is perfectly understandable.

However, recently I thought about an encouragement "cliche" that we've probably all used a million times - I know I have - and that's "Hang in there!"

I recently heard this song and heard these very words in scripture and have come to a decision...

I'm going to change my vocabulary - basically it's only a prepositional change...

I'm going to do my best to not say "Hang in there" and start saying, "Hang on".

Check this out....

Proverbs 3:21 (NLT)
My child, don't lose sight of 
common sense and discernment.  
Hang on to them.

and

Matthew 16:25 (NLT)
If you try to hang on to your life, 
you will lose it.
But if you give up your life for my sake, 
you will save it.

Then I heard this song... and soon realized that "Hang in there" was somewhat empty - but "Hang on" to the Lord, to His Word truly had depth and meaning.

These days, when people ask, "how?" - it's very much by hanging on to every single word He gives me!  Every message of hope, every message of redemption, every word of comfort - I'm hanging on and not letting go!




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!