I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, January 24, 2011

"So how are the kids doing?"

I'm so proud of you all!  I just want to brag on my family & friends (yes, this means you!) for just a moment.  The books I've read, the experiences I've had myself, tell me that although the messages were numerous in those beginning days, that they would begin to wane if not completely cease very soon.

If this is your first time to my blog and are wondering, "What in the world is she talking about" - please feel free to visit the tab on my home page entitled - My Rockstar - this should bring you up to date.

You guys have continued to send me messages via Facebook, Twitter, instant messages, emails, texts, phone calls and some of you have even just popped over for a quick personal visit.

I've just been so blown away by everyone's faithful friendship!  You all have many questions - but the one I want to address today is:

"So how are the kids doing?"

I have been totally blessed & amazed at their resilience through this tragedy.  I know they will have questions for a lifetime and will miss their Daddy until they see him again in heaven, but as for the moment-by-moment and day-to-day they are doing really well.

We talk about their Daddy often and we listen to his music almost every day!  Our New Orleans family made us each a box in which we can store our memories of John.  I shared with them whenever they want to "talk" to their Daddy they can draw him a picture and put it in this very special box.  I'm happy to share with you the box is filling up!

I want to share with you just a few of the things the kids have shared with me.  I hope you are blessed and encouraged by their childlike faith and healing.

Our first Sunday in our new church was difficult for us all.  Many tears were shed by me & Jordan.  As much as I love my parents church and the Pastor (where I grew up) it was difficult not listening to my husband preach & pray.  Apparently Jordan felt the very same way.  As the Pastor was preaching I looked over to see what Jordan was doing - this is what she had drawn:


(She shared with me that this is a picture of John preaching at Journey Christian Church, at the pulpit with his Bible, on the stage.  She asked me if I could place it in my Bible at Daddy's favorite verse,  which is Mark 12:30 - and I did so immediately!)

JP's drawing skills are not as perfected as Jordan's, but he still talks about John often.  In fact, as I was typing this blog post he came and sat beside me at the dining room table.  We had this brief conversation:

JP:  Mommy, I miss Daddy.

Me:  I know JP.  I miss him too.

JP:  I wish Daddy's body could be back on again.

Me:  I know JP.  Wouldn't that be wonderful?!

JP:  I miss Daddy getting me some Sprite!

Me:  I know.  Daddy always gave us lots of good things huh?

(Then he was off to finish his cereal and watch cartoons)


We talk about John often.  It's one of our favorite things to do!  Please don't feel awkward around us - we love to visit with people and we love to share with you the love we still have for this great man - my husband and their Daddy!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!