I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

His Word Sunday

Even this path...

Today, as I go to church just like the rest of you.... and sit in the pew, sing the songs, pray the prayers, shake hands and smile - I'll be remembering what I was doing on this day just one month ago.

I was enjoying a beautiful day in Bastrop, Texas.  Soaking up being with family in the hill country.  My kids were playing with their toys from Santa, I was playing a card game at the kitchen table and my husband was all decked out in camo heading to the deer stand.

Little did I know that moments later my life would be changed forever!

I read Psalm 25 this morning and wanted to share it with you.

Psalm 25: 4-5, 10, 15 (ESV)
Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths.
lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation for You I wait all the day long.

All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep His covenant and His testimonies.

My eyes are ever toward the Lord, for He will pluck my feet out of the net.

Wow!  Did you catch that?  "All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love & faithfulness"!!!

Really... all the paths.  I believe God's word is true.  And I believe that even this path has been filtered through the steadfast love of the Lord.

I don't understand it - I don't like it at all - and it hurts more than anyone could ever imagine.  

But I still trust that  - "all His paths" are filled with His steadfast love & faithfulness.

Know today that every place He takes you is filtered with His love & faithfulness and He will rescue your feet from the net that tangles your heart.


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!