I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Is Followship a word?

If you're wondering if I have a typo in the title of this post - don't worry... I have not lost the ability to use spellcheck!

I prayed over what I wanted to post today and flipped through some of my recent entries in my journal and it jumped out, as if the words would fly from my journal to my computer screen.

On Tuesday, January 4th, 2011, I attended the visitation for my husband's recent death.  I knew I needed to start the day in prayer, if I was going to make it to the end of the day.

I read one of my husband's (John) favorite verses in my One Year Bible.  I would love to share it with you today.

Matthew 4:19-20 (ESV)
And He said to them, "follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."  Immediately they left their nets and followed Him.

John always preached that actually following the Lord was part of your salvation.  You couldn't just say a prayer, sign a card, walk an aisle, sprinkle some water on your head, and/or go through confirmation and call that "salvation."  Christ always required his disciples to live out - prove their salvation by following the Lord with their whole person - heart, soul, mind, strength (Mark 12:30)

John & I did everything together.  We shopped together, did ministry, parented, traveled, laughed, cried, cooked, talked on the phone (constantly), Skyped together - and we followed the Lord together.  And I know for some time - it's going to seem empty following the Lord without him.  This was our favorite thing to do together - followship.

I'm sure you've had fellowship with the Lord - but do you have followship?

Currently my spellcheck tells me Followship is not a word - 
let's make that change today!  


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!