I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Everything

Have you every had a time in your life when it seemed as if EVERYTHING changed?  And it happened all at once?

21 days ago everything changed for me.  I'm now settling into my "new normal" (as everyone keeps calling it) in Lufkin, TX.  Nothing is as it used to be, and I'm not just talking about missing John.


I don't have my favorite coffee cup.
I don't drive down the same streets.
I don't live in the same house.
I'm not around the same friends.
I'm attending a different church.
Jordan is attending a new school.
We all have different beds, with different sheets & pillows.
We all have different routines & schedules.
I shop at a different grocery store & Wal-Mart!

Everything

Everything is different.

All these changes can be very overwhelming and can at times crush my spirit.  In these moments I'm desperate for normal.  I'm searching for something that is the same.

I have found what has not changed one single bit.  
I have found what is constant.  

My God.

He has TOTALLY changed my life - but He, Himself has not changed.  My God is constant.  The God I knew on December 29th is still the same God today.  He did not change His nature just because He brought John home.

I must cling to Him.  I must continue to trust Him and make Him my EVERYTHING when the everything around me has changed!

I love this verse and wanted to share it with you today.

Psalm 73:26 (NLT)
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever.

Today I'm focussing on just two words from this verse...

God remains!

I challenge you all to make God your everything - so you too can say.... God remains!

If you're here from iFellowship... WELCOME!
I hope you grab a cup of your favorite beverage
and hang out with me a while!

Leave me a comment, so I'll know you came by
and know that I'll be by later to visit you as well!




iFellowship


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!