I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, January 28, 2011

One day I'll get to see!

I'm thanking God this morning for the week that I've had.  It's actually had joy, success, victory and answered prayers.

I had a Facebook status this week that said this,
"Things I don't understand... how my heart could be breaking and yet so full of joy all at the same time.  One word answer - God."

John & I used to talk about Heaven all the time.  We talked about how important is is to have an eternal perspective when it came to earthly trials.  In this moment, the Beatitudes come to my mind.  You know, the passage in Matthew 5 - where every verse starts out with, "Blessed are they that..."

Have you ever thought that they are "blessed" because their eternal soul is secure - and one day they will see how and why God had them walk specific paths?

Someone gave me Steven Curtis Chapman's CD - Beauty Will Rise.  I must admit, I've been listening to this almost as much as I've been listening to John's music.  It has truly ministered to me and been the voice of my heart.

For my Friday song - I wanted to share this one with you.  I can just hear John saying, "See!  It's all we had hoped and thought it would be - AND BETTER!"

I find comfort knowing he was right to have an eternal perspective through our every shared trial and one day I'll get to see it all too - with him again!





Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!