I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

His Word Sunday

I'm sitting in my new room in Texas.  It's early and I can hear the rain falling outside.  Lately, the mornings have been the hardest for me.

Yesterday we transformed 2 rooms to accommodate me and my 2 precious children into my parents house. It's such a blessing to be in such a warm and comforting place during this difficult time.

As I read a familiar passage this morning, I must admit, I'm having a hard time with it.  I know it should bring comfort.  I promised myself and those around me that my blog would be a place of healing and honesty.

So here goes....

Matthew 11:29-30 (ESV)
"Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy, and my burden is light."



Here is what I can see:
I'm definitely laboring and am heavy laden with grief and the aftermath of John's passing.
I can understand how we are to take on His yoke.
I can understand how I'm going to learn from this experience.
I trust that God is gentle & lowly in heart.
I believe I can find rest in Him.

What I don't see quite yet...
How this yoke is easy & how this burden is light!

Yet still will I praise Him.




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!