I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

His Word Sunday

Wow!  It's just 6 more days until Christmas!!!

I had a son just 7 days before Christmas 4 years ago.  The magnitude of having a little boy sets in more and more every day!  But I wonder as Mary looked upon the face of her newborn baby in those quiet moments, if she grasped that she was looking into the face of an Almighty God.  What a wonderful experience that must have been for her!!

As I was reading from Zephaniah this morning the Lord reminded me a day is coming soon when I too will get to see the face of the Lord - and what a wonderful experience that will be for those of us who call Him Lord of our life!

Zephaniah 3:16-17 (ESV)
On that day it shall be said to Jerusalem:
"Fear no, O Zion; let not your hands grow weak.  The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by His love; He will exult over you with loud singing."

The rest of this chapter is incredible too - I encourage you to go & read it some time this week.  As you celebrate His first coming this week - allow Him to save you, rejoice over you, quiet you and sing over you!  This is where we find our peace!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!