I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

His Word Sunday

Victory

"W" 
(a win)

Success

These are just simple words meaning you made it!  You won!  You beat the enemy!

We all need a victory, a win in our every day lives.  We press on to overcome - to overcome evil, to overcome weariness, to overcome wanting to give up, you name it  - we all have our areas where we need to overcome.

This morning I found the key to overcoming.  You already know this and did I... but we should never get tired of hearing it again and again!




1 John 5:3-5 (ESV)
For this is the love of God, 
that we keep His commandments.  

And His commandments are not burdensome.  
For everyone who has been born of God 
overcomes the world.  

And this is the victory that has overcome the world
 - our faith.  

Who is it that overcomes the world 
except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Then just for good measure...

Psalm 124:8 (ESV)
Our help is in the name of the Lord, 
who made heaven & earth.

Go.  Fight.  Win!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!