I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

His Word Sunday

Words are very powerful.  That childhood song about Sticks and stones and words never hurting couldn't be more wrong.

Did you know just with your words you could offer someone healing?  You could change the course of their day just by what you say!

Proverbs 12:18 (ESV)
There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Proverbs 12:25 (ESV)
Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.

Wise words can bring healing and a good word can make a person glad!

Today as you head off to church, or start your week... look for ways to bring healing and gladness to those around you.

Now before I close this post, I know some of you may be thinking, "Yeah.  Okay.  But what if I'M the one who needs the healing and the gladness?!"

We've all been here.  Put yourself in a place today, this week, where you know you will receive wise & good words.  Go to church this week.  Listen to uplifting Christian songs on the radio.  Read your Bible.  In other words, plan or position yourself around those people who you KNOW will be encouraging to you.  That's where you're going to find healing and gladness for your week to come.

In the mean time, know that I'm praying for you!  I'm praying that the Lord sends His ultimate healing and gladness to your spirit!

I love you all dearly!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!