I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Didn't I just blink?

"It feels like it was yesterday" - isn't this what they all say when it seems like time has passed all too quickly?

Or what about this one... "It seems as if I just blinked"?

I said this to a dear friend just this week and he said, "No, you've had quite a few blinks since that day."

He's so right!  I could spend this blog writing about the things that have happened since December 30, 2010 - but you would get bored reading it all.  Because in true John Franklin form he would want to hear about each and every haircut.  He would want to know the details about how I felt when I took my certification test.

He would want to know the facial expression on everyone's face for every big and small event that has transpired.  So what do I write about?

How do I honor a man that meant the world to me?  How do I celebrate the one who was the best at celebrating... without him?

You'll find 3 things in this blog post.  Feel free to skip around and only read or watch the things you want.  Here you will find:
1.  The things I love most about John

2.  The verses that have gotten me through this first year

3.  A video that was shown at his "Special Service" 
where you can hear him sing and the kids laugh and talk with their Daddy.


Here are some things that I love most about my hero - John Franklin

1.  Friday night date night - he never missed it!  Even if it meant hot wings at home with a movie we'd seen before - we put the kids to bed, and pretended our living room was a romantic place set just for us.

2.  Friday mornings with the family.  His day off from the office was Friday.  During the summer we would all load up for a fun family day - which usually meant Chick-fil-A for breakfast, then driving around New Orleans exploring!

3.  His amazing active love for his kiddos.  Every day he loved for his kids to use him as a human jungle gym.

4.  Everything was special to John.  He saved every little note not only from me but even pieces of paper that had scratches on it from his children.

But most of all I loved this about him...

5.  His intimate relationship and love for Jesus Christ!  Nothing was more important to him than seeing people come to know Jesus as he knew Him.  This was the glue for every relationship he had!!

Now what?  These are some pretty amazing things.  How do I put one foot in front of the other without these in my everyday life.



The verses that gave gotten me through this first year
since his move to Heaven (basically a walk through my journal):

1.  Isaiah 57:1-2 - "The righteous man perishes and no man takes it to heart; and devout men are taken away, while no one understands.  For the righteous man is taken away from evil, he enters into peace"

2.  Psalm 40:17 - "As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought of me.  You are my Help, and my Deliverer, do not delay, O my God!"

3.  Psalm 40:3 - "He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."

4.  Psalm 31:24 - "Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait on the Lord!"

5.  Psalm 18:6 - "In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help.  From His temple He heard my voice, and my cry to Him reached His ear."

6.  Proverbs 4:12-13 - "When you walk, your step will not be hampered, and if you run, you will not stumble.  Keep hold of instruction, do not let go; guard her, for she is your life."

I could go on and on here - this was just from about 3 pages from my journal.  The message here is God's Word - daily, and your prayers - daily, have held me up!  I will continue to live like this no matter what comes my way.

Now, instead of a regular Friday song and video - 

I give you a very brief glimpse of the life of John Franklin...





Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!