I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

His Word Sunday

The other day I was craving something sweet.  I've been a diet lately and have denied myself so many of these wonderful holiday treats.  But... I remembered my Mom saying she baked some of her famous chocolate chip cookies a couple of days earlier.

The likelihood that there were still some in the cookie jar was slim to none.  But I thought I would check anyway.  Wow!  There were 2 left!

I felt like a little treat had been hidden away just for me at this time.  LOL!

As I was reading my Bible this morning I connected this to something the Lord told John to tell the churches in Revelation.

Revelation 2:17(b)  (ESV)
To the one who conquers 
I will give some of the hidden manna, 
and I will give him a white stone, 
with a new name written on the stone 
that no one knows except the one who receives it.

One day, the Lord is going to make all things right.  One day I will have a new body and a new name.  I won't have to worry about dieting any more!!

In this verse, He says that if we conquer, if we make it to the end without Satan getting the best of us, then He will give us some hidden, treasured Heavenly food!

When I found that remaining - almost forgotten cookie - my spirits lifted - even if just in the moment.  Just think about that day when the Lord says, "Oh!  I have something wonderful just for you!

Let's go be conquerors for some Heavenly treats!




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!