I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

His Word Sunday

Yet I will rejoice!

I know I should probably write something about Christmas today - but this is what the Lord showed me this morning.... so I'm passing it on to you.

Habakkuk 3:17-19 (ESV)
Though the fig tree should not blossom, 
nor fruit be on the vines, 
the produce of the olive fail 
and the fields yield no food, 
the flock be cut off from the fold 
and there be no herd in the stalls;

yet I will rejoice in the Lord; 
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.

God, the Lord is my strength; 
He makes my feet like the deer's, 
He makes me tread on my high places.



So... let me get this straight...
Even though there is no food, medicine (from the olive plant), income (from the sell of produce & livestock), or clothing (from the livestock) - I am to rejoice in the Lord.

Even though I may not have all the comforts of my life around me - those things that I believe will give me security and ease - I am to find my joy in the Lord.  I am to rejoice in the midst of this?  Yes!

Today I have been reminded that no matter what troubles are around me - He makes me strong enough to climb rocks like the deer - and for this I am to find joy!

Merry Christmas!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!