I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Only Way

Yay!!!  I'm really looking forward to today!  I have fun treats for my students - stuff to eat, a movie in class and I'm even going to read them a bedtime story!  I know... I can be dorky sometimes.

This past week me and the kids were talking about how our Christmas was going to be different this year.  I wanted to check on their little hearts and make sure they were REALLY doing ok.  We talked about how Daddy is spending his first Christmas in Heaven.  I basically wanted to see if they felt like Christmas was ruined this year because of our tragedy.

Then Jordan said the most amazing thing!  She said,

"Mommy, the only way Christmas could ever be ruined 
is if Jesus had never come to us in the first place."

Did you hear what was in the middle of what she said - the only Way.  Jesus is the only Way for us to have hope!

I love my kids!  JP wanted to get his two cents in as well, so he added,

"Yeah, Christmas is about Jesus!"

I love their resilience and strength in the Lord - even at such a young age!

That's why I love this song for today!  Merry Christmas everyone!








Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!