I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

His Word Sunday

I want to ask you a quick question this morning...

How do you respond to God when He says, "Yes" - to your prayers?

I think far too often we pray and we pray and when He finally says "Yes" we run with it to the next thing.  Do we really give God the credit and the invested time that He so very much deserves?

Take a look at this awesome prayer that Daniel prayed after God said "Yes" to one of his prayers.  I often wonder how much my life might be enriched if I prayed like this!

Daniel 2:20-23 (ESV)

Daniel answered and said: 
"Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, 
to whom belong wisdom and might.  

He changes the times and seasons; 
He removes kings and sets up kings; 
He gives wisdom to the wise and 
knowledge to those who have understanding; 
He reveals deep and hidden things; 
He knows what is in the darkness, 
and the light dwells with Him.

To You, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, 
for You have given me wisdom and might, 
and have now made known to me what we asked of You, 
for You have made known to us the king's matter."



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!