I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

His Word Sunday

Greater Wealth

In my One Year Bible this past week, the Lord has really been teaching me some serious heart lessons from the book of Hebrews.  This morning was no different.  In fact, it's this verse that I will probably be chewing on for a while.

That is to say, I'm not sure I'm 100% there yet and need to sit and work on this one for a while.  It's really the last verse (verse 26) that I want to focus on - but I'm going to give you the two verses before so you'll know and understand the context.

Hebrews 11:24-26 (ESV)
By faith, Moses, when he was grown up, 
refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, 
choosing rather to be mistreated with the people of God 
than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin.

He considered the reproach of Christ 
greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, 
for he was looking to the reward.

Wow!  The reproach of Christ - or critique or correction from Christ - is considered "greater wealth" than anything this world has to offer.

Can I say that I truly feel this way?  If I did, then think about how much more joy would be in my life.  Each time a trial came my way (which feels like every single day of my life!) then I would realize that my bank is filling up - not that God is out to get me!

His corrections are far better than the pleasures of this world.  Like I said, I'm going to have to chew on this one for a while.  Guess this is what sanctification is all about.

The end of the verse, I think, gives the fuel that makes this kind of thinking possible.  "He was looking to the reward." If we think more about the end goal of the Lord - instead of what we want in the moment - we could possibly see Christ's working in our lives as far greater treasures than anything else!!

What do you think about this verse?



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!