I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Work Over Time

My students are taking a test tomorrow.  We're now in the Physics part of IPC and while I like physics - chemistry remains the stronger of the two for me.  Therefore I must study extra hard to teach this part of the class.

Last week I wrote a vocabulary work on the board, (as I often do), but the more I wrote it - class after class - I knew the Lord was trying to teach me something that had nothing to do with Physics.

The word is POWER.  The scientific definition of power is the rate at which work is done.  The formula for calculating power is:

Power  =  Work / Time

Most students would read this formula as "work over time".

It's not unusual for me to think of the Lord when I see the word POWER... mainly because I need His power to just get up every day and do life... but as I wrote "work over time" class after class it got me to thinking.

I know I typically only share one verse - but bear with me today - I have a formula, or a calculation of a spiritual kind and it involves a few elements.

Someone asked me recently how I find the strength or the motivation to get up early every day and have my prayer time.  My answer was simple....  I am desperate for the work of the Lord to be in my life.  I am desperate for His hand of favor and I don't want to miss even one small little word of encouragement that He may have for me.

So the first part of this spiritual formula is this - to allow God to work in your life.

Philippians 2:13 (ESV)
For it is God who works in you, 
both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

I must be willing to let God work His good pleasure (not always mine) in my life... and I must allow this not just one time, or when I feel like it - but OVER much TIME.

Here lately the Lord has been teaching me a more in-depth understanding of the word "steadfast."

Steadfast means firmly fixed, unwavering, or constant.

Today I read the final part of my spiritual formula.

James 1:2-3 (ESV)
Count it all joy, my brothers, 
when you meet trials of various kinds, 
for you know that the testing of your faith 
produces steadfastness.  
And let steadfastness have its full effect, 
that you may be perfect and complete, 
lacking in nothing.

I want God's POWER in my life.  And in order to have His POWER - I must allow Him to WORK over TIME to bring about His perfect and complete purpose.



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!