I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

His Word Sunday

God's Awesome Forever-ness!


Don't you just love the "forever-ness" of God?! I was reading in Hebrews this morning about the difference between regular priests and Jesus (as our priest).

I came across a passage that really blessed me & brought comfort regarding His permanence.

Hebrews 7:23-25 (ESV)
The former priests were many in number, 
because they were prevented by death 
from continuing in office, 
but He hold his priesthood permanently, 
because He continues forever.

Consequently, He is able to save to the uttermost 
those who draw near to God through Him, 
since He always lives to make intercession for them.

Just a brief Penny rephrase:  He saves completely or at all times - those who draw near to Him through Jesus - because Jesus is always living to make intercession for us!

Beautiful words - uttermost and always!  He has completely saved me and continues always to make intercession for me.

I wrote in my journal that I'm sure that Jesus knows when He needs to make intercession for me even before I ask.

Can't you just hear it?  Jesus saying to God, "Hey Dad, I know Penny is going to struggle here - let's send her some of our strength today.  She doesn't even yet know she's going to need, but we do."

I took just a moment to thank Him for "always living to make intercession" for me.  I'm certain I've taken it for granted far too often and this morning I wanted to recognize His awesome "forever-ness" and how it even includes taking care of me.




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!