I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

His Word Sunday

One of my favorite verses talks about how the "Lord is for me."  I think the Lord knows that in general, no matter who we are, we all experience times of insecurity - for there are constant reminders throughout scripture that the Lord not only loves us - but that He's with us!

This morning I totally enjoyed reading this passage.  It reminded me of elementary PE days and how we would have to stand there and wait to be picked.  We would wait anxiously for someone to say, "be on my side!"

In this passage the Lord says that very thing!  I hope you'll be just as encouraged as I was and feel ready for whatever the day may bring knowing He's on your side!

Psalm 118:5-9, 13-18 (ESV)
Out of my distress I called on the Lord; 
the Lord answered me and set me free.
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?

The Lord is on my side as my helper; 
I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord 
than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord 
than to trust in princes.

I was pushed hard, so that I was falling, 
but the Lord helped me.
The Lord is my strength and my song; 
He has become my salvation.

Glad songs of salvation are in the tents of the righteous; 
"The right hand of the Lord does valiantly, 
the right hand of the Lord exalts, 
the right hand of the Lord does valiantly!"
I shall not die, but I shall live, 
and recount the deeds of the Lord.
The Lord has disciplined me severely, 
but He has not given me over to death.


Let His valiant hand guide you today!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!