I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Soul-Delivering Assignment

I give assignments almost every day to my students.  Some are pretty simple - fill in the blanks or do a simple physics calculation with the calculator.  Others require more time, like a lab assignment or a research project.

If you've been around me much, or visited this blog - you've probably heard me talk about the "assignment" God has given me.  I'm still trying to figure out all the parts and pieces and what exactly is required of me.  I sure wish God had sent a syllabus to me so I could see all the details of this new project and how it will be graded.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has gotten discouraged with the assignment God has assigned.  I'm certain that we all get dismayed at some point in time or another with our responsibilities.

I've been asking God lately some very personal questions.  Thankfully, He faithfully answers them... I just haven't been too fond of the answers.

Today I read about something the Lord told Ezekiel and through these passages God showed me something that will give me energy to continue on in my own assignment.

God has told Ezekiel that he is to present a warning to the children of Israel - both to the wicked and the righteous.  Check this out...

Ezekiel 7:19 & 21 (ESV)
But if you warn the wicked, 
and he does not turn from his wickedness, 
or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, 
but you will have delivered your soul.

But if you warn the righteous person not to sin, 
and he does not sin, he shall surely live, 
because he took your warning, 
and you will have delivered your soul.

Wow!  This is often how I feel day after day - like I deliver my very soul.  I often wonder will I ever see any results?  Will I ever see how people live after I "deliver my soul"?

I kind of had a little pity party with the Lord when I read this passage.  Telling Him how exhausting it is day after day "delivering my soul" and watching the behaviors, the attitudes and the lack of enthusiasm or effort by my students.

I poured out my heart to the Lord in my journal.  But something interesting happened as I was writing... the Holy Spirit spoke to me and revealed to me that this is EXACTLY what He did as He delivered His very Son.  He delivered His soul - rather His Son - for everyone, and still - daily watches bad behaviors and lack of enthusiasm for the incredible gift He's given us all.

I literally stopped writing when heard this from the Lord.  There's no comparison of eternal life or a daily walk with God Almighty with anything I can do.  Therefore, I can do this assignment He's given me.

But then... I also know I'm not God.  So, even with my little task I know I'm going to need some help.  God quickly led me to this next verse...

Hebrews 4:16 (ESV)
Let us then with confidence 
draw near to the throne of grace, 
that we may receive mercy and 
find grace to help in time of need.

Mercy & grace... in time of need.  Perfect!

So with the knowledge that God gets how I feel when I've "delivered my very soul" and I can approach Him boldly for His mercy & grace - I'm much better equipped to continue on in my assignment and hopefully on my way to a "Well Done" grade.



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!