I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

His Word Sunday

Follow Suit

Most of you know that for my prayer time, I read the One Year Bible.  Most of what I share with you, here on my blog, is what God has shown me in His Word from that day's reading.

I do my best to keep everything in context and not look for ways to make everything that I read fit my own circumstances.  Rather I want God to show me what He wants me to see - not making scripture fit my life.  Because in reality - not everything in the Bible is about me!  LOL!

However, I love to watch and see how God's people, in the Bible, reacted to real-life situations and see if there is a way I can follow suit.



I saw a great example of one that I'm going to do my very best to follow today.

Jeremiah

Jeremiah was known as the "weeping prophet" - we read of how he cried buckets of tears for God's people and His judgment on them in both Jeremiah & Lamentations.  Jeremiah witnessed the great exile of the Israelites to Babylon and the fall of Solomon's Temple.

You might say he lived an entire life of heartache.  So what were his feelings toward God?

Check it out:

Lamentations 3"55-58 (ESV)

I called on Your name, O Lord, 
from the depths of the pit, you heard my plea, 
"Do not close Your ear to my cry for help!"  
You came near when I called on You; 
You said, 'Do not fear!'
You have taken up my cause,
 O Lord; You have redeemed my life.


Wow!  In the midst of Jeremiah's hurts and cries.... He still felt redeemed.

He felt like God had taken up his cause and remembered him.  He still felt near to God!

These were his "feelings" in the midst of so much turmoil and devastation.  What an example!!!

If Jeremiah can find a way to feel this way in the middle of all his pain - I can too.  There's really not room for the "poor me's" when you find examples like this.

Honestly, I don't always "feel" this way... but I know my God with His great compassion and Him saying "Do not fear" - I can eventually get there.  This is my prayer today.






Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!