I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Two kinds of walking

Everyday my children find new things they can do.  Jordan is learning so much in her new school.  She's truly developing talents such as dance and singing.

JP is doing the same!  He's become quite the little adventurer!  He loves for me to watch him try out these scary new things too - which I love to watch him play - but oh my... some of them freak his Mommy out!

Like - he loves to ride his bike "super fast" on the driveway.  And his new favorite thing is to take a turn really fast and at about a 45 degree angle.  Yikes!  He loves it!

The other morning, he was trying out something new... walking backwards.  He thought he was really doing something scary and dangerous.  It was so cute!

He would say, "Mommy!  Watch this!  I can walk walk backwards!"

Then, of course, as he's walking backwards, he was still keeping his eyes on me - to make sure I was watching of course!

I thought about JP and his backwards walking as I read this passage from Jeremiah today:

Jeremiah 7:22-24 (ESV)
For in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak to your fathers or command them concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices.  

But this command I gave them:  'Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people.  And walk in all the way that I command you, that it may be well with you.'  

But they did not obey or incline their ear, but walked in their own counsels and the stubbornness of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward.

I see two different types of walks here.

#1 - We can walk in the way the Lord has for us and it will be well with us...

or

#2 - We can walk in our own way and go backwards and not forward.

As I look back on all that has occurred just over the past 9 months - I want to scream out, "I don't want to go backwards!"  I don't want to relive all those scary and tragic moments.  Even though the future seems scary at times, I want to go forward in the way the Lord has for me.

I want to walk in such a way that brings wellness... instead of walking backward!

An interesting point about JP's walking backward... even though he was showing me how brave he was by walking in a new way - he still had his head turned & his eyes forward and as a result was walking in the right direction.  We too need to keep our eyes on Jesus.

If we keep our eyes on the One who makes the path - wellness (instead of evil) is our future & our hope!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!