I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Even when I'm riding my bike!

Monday morning.  
These two words make me want to just take a really deep breath and say, "Here we go!"

I know the topics I'll be covering this week and even the assignments that are required of me.  It's going to be a very full week!

As I've been praying over this day - Monday - the Holy Spirit continued to send one word to my heart...  STEADFAST.

I've been praying over the meaning of this word for a while.  I love this word.  It occurs throughout scripture in the ESV translation 193 times!  I've even written a few blogs about this word and the verses that spoke to my heart.

Lately JP and I have started this little routine.  And I think it's a picture of God's steadfast love for us.

At no specific time - it could be morning, evening, or smack dab in the middle of the day - JP & I will have this little dialogue,

JP:  "Mommy, I love you."

Me:  "JP, I love you too."

JP:  "I love you all day & all night."

Me:  "I love you even while I'm sleeping."

JP:  "I love you even while I'm at recess."

Me:  "I love you even while I'm at school."

JP:  "I love you even while I'm riding my bike."

At this point, this usually reminds him he'd like to be riding his bike and off he runs.  I love this time with him.  I think about it throughout the day and it makes me smile.



I think it originated after reading "Guess How Much I Love You" - where the rabbits try to show just how much they love each other by increasing the size of things.

But as I was thinking about this word, STEADFAST, I got this picture in my head.  God never sleeps or takes a nap.  He can love me & care for me while He's doing something else - He NEVER stops loving me.  No matter what!

Kind of like JP loving me while he's playing at recess or riding his bike...  God's faithfulness NEVER ceases.  I may not always feel the warm & fuzzies of His love in my day to day activities - but that doesn't mean it's not there!  I must focus on His steadfast love and let it make me smile.

If I can remember a 4-year old's words in the middle of the day and let them encourage me - then how much more should I focus on God's words and let them sustain me!

Today, I must admit, it feels a little as if my foot may be slipping, but this verse assures me I'm going to be okay.

Psalm 94:18 (ESV)
When I thought, "My foot slips,"  
Your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up.



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!