I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

His Word Sunday

Seek it out - it's a treasure!

I love it when the Lord gives me a tangible example of spiritual concept!  Something I can actually put my hands on to better understand His Word.

This morning as I read my Bible not only did He provide this tangible example - but He made me smile in the process.  Thanks Lord!

John LOVED honey!  But not just any old store bought honey - he LOVED to have honey along with a piece of the honeycomb - which was really hard to find!

He sought it out in every grocery store we entered.  Hoping to find a local vendor selling their product.  It was as if he was on some sort of life-long journey to seek out this treasure - honey with the honeycomb.

Finally in New Orleans, God allowed his journey to be complete.  One of our precious church members just happened to share with him, that she knew someone who "raised" (is this the right word?) bees.  And sold jars of honey with the honeycomb!

John was thrilled!  As a gift, she gave him 2 jars!  Life was good in the Franklin house.  It made him light up every time he remembered we had honey with honeycomb.

Look what the Lord allowed me to read today...

Proverbs 24:13-14 (ESV)
My son, eat honey, for it is good, 
and the drippings of the honeycomb 
are sweet to your taste.  
Know that wisdom is such to your soul; 
if you find it, there will be a future 
and your hope will not be cut off.

We are to seek after wisdom... much like John sought after the sweetness of the honey with the honeycomb.  When you find it - you will find a future and a hope that will last far beyond the sweetness of the honeycomb!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!