I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Yellow whistles & Magic pants

I've been writing what God shows me in my prayer times for quite some time... almost 10 years.  I started when John & I were first married.

After we had children, much of what I wrote about was how I could see God in the little things they said and did.  I was worried that as they grew I would run out of things to talk about!

However, yesterday God showed me that even at 7 & 4, they still say some pretty amazing things!

Jordan has started riding the bus from her school to my school 3 days a week.  I actually love this!  She arrives at my classroom during the last 10-15 minutes of my day.  She's a bright spot in my room.  This also gives us a few moments together, just she & I, to talk about "stuff" on the way home.

Yesterday we were just about home and this is the conversation we had:

Jordan:  Mommy, did you know I can whistle in color?

Me:  Really?!  That sounds interesting.  
Tell me more about this.

Jordan:  Well, when I whistle I imagine that it's the color Yellow.  
Yellow is a happy color.  And it reminds me of light.  
Whistles don't sound like darkness - they sound like light.  
So I think they are yellow.

This thrilled my heart!  We continued to talk about how God is light, and how God lives within her now, so perhaps she sees her whistles as yellow because God has given her His light & His joy.

She loved this too!


Then... I got home and my Mom shared with me that after school JP asked if he could wear his "magic pants."  My Mom wasn't sure which pants these might be... but together they found them.  When he saw them in his drawer he got very excited!

JP:  "Yes!  Those are my magic pants!  They make me jump strong!"

So... just in case you're wondering how my kids are doing 9 months after their Daddy has moved to Heaven.  They see light in their whistles and strength in their jumps!

We may not verbalize it the same way - but we can see Yellow Whistles and Magic Pants in our life too. Check this out...

Colossians 1:11-14 (ESV)
May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.  He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His Beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

He's delivered my children from seeing darkness around them and instead has given them feelings of strength to jump and joy to see light in everything - even whistles!

He desperately wants to do the same for us as well!  He's already qualified us to share in these wonderful things!

Today... go about your day (or your evening) knowing you're qualified to share in the joy of seeing yellow whistles and the strength to jump!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!