I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

HIs Word Sunday

Well, I'm not sure if you've heard on Facebook... but I wanted just to thank everyone again for praying for me regarding my last Certification Exam!  I passed with flying colors!!!

I have a few more supplemental certification tests I'll be taking in the upcoming months - but they are just add-ons - not requirements.  Those are now in my rearview mirror.  Thank you so much for being an integral part of this incredible new journey with me!!

So often in scripture my eyes go to the words of encouragement, promises, blessings - but this morning, I couldn't get away from a word of warning.

I've always told those that I mentor, if you see something in a passage over and over - take note of it.  The Lord used those same words, repeatedly for a reason.  It's just like when I repeat things to my own children, or in my classroom - I want to make sure they really "get it!"

Today in my One Year Bible I saw this verse over and over:

Exodus 8: 19 (ESV)
But Pharaoh's heart was hardened, 
and he would not listen to them, as the Lord had said.

Pharaoh's heart was hardened and he did not listen.  I firmly believe that God allows us to experience the good and the bad of life to keep us close to Him.  To keep our hearts tuned to His ways and not our own.

My prayer this morning is that I would not ever get to a point in my life where my heart becomes hardened to the ways & instruction of the Lord.  I don't ever want the Lord to become just another mundane exercise of my day.  I want my heart to be alive for Him.

I missed the Friday song on my blog this week.  I didn't even realize it until yesterday!!!  So today I thought I would combine God's Word with a song.

I hope you a very wonderful worship experience today with the Lord - as He keeps your heart alive for Him!






Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!