I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

His Word Sunday

Why do we doubt?

This morning I read a very familiar passage from my One Year Bible.

One that typically I would just skim over as, "Oh, I already know this story - nothing new to see here."  But the Lord wanted me to be reminded of a simple yet profound truth.

He's right here with me - and there's no reason to doubt.

Picture just for a moment, what your life would look like if you got to take walks with the Lord Himself!  As the day's drama arose, you could just look over at Him... and He would give you that reassuring look that spoke volumes to you -  that everything would be okay and not to worry.

Sounds comforting doesn't it?!  Peter and the boys got to experience that very thing - and yet they still let the day's drama affect them.

Check this out...

Matthew 14:28-33 (ESV)
And Peter answered him, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water."  
He said, "Come."  So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus.  
But when he saw the wind he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me."  Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"  And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.  And those in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "Truly You are the Son of God."

He's still right here with me - as He was with Peter.  Maybe not where I can touch Him - but human touch certainly does not limit my God from saving me from the wind and waves that I experience.

Oh that my faith with increase and my doubt would decrease.  This is my prayer today!



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!