I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, April 9, 2012

What's the good word?

Have you ever noticed how contagious a smile can be?  Same goes for laughter.  Every now and then (usually when I'm super tired) someone will say something funny and for some reason - I continue to laugh... far beyond the normal limits of what was required.

Don't you wish you could lose weight laughing?  Wouldn't that be wonderful?!

Well... you might not lose weight - but hearing good things makes us feel lighter.  Check this out...


Proverbs 12:25 (ESV)
Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, 
but a good word makes him glad.

"Weigh him down"... I don't need anything more making the scale numbers increase!  Therefore I need to get rid of anxiety in my heart and in my spirit.

Anxiety is normal... I think about providing for my children, remaining financial stuff left over from John's move to Heaven, crazy schedules, commitments, the health of my family, so on and so forth.

God wants me to have a good word about all of these things instead of letting anxiety rule.  Almost every time John would call me on the phone I would answer in this way, "What the good word?"

We all love to hear a good word.  Instead of letting these things "weigh you down" - lift them up!  Lift up these burdens and concerns to the Lord.  We should never underestimate the power of prayer in our lives.  He is so much stronger than me!  He can take care of my burdens way better than me.  When we pray we should ask the Lord, "So, what's Your good word for me today?"

So - for this morning... I'm going to change my perspective on these "anxiety" issues and see them as good words - so my heart will be glad.  




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!