I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

His Word Sunday

It's quite common to look at others and wonder why you can't have what they have.  Sometimes we want the simple things... sometimes we want the big things.

I was reminded this morning by a wonderful Psalm to not set my heart on other people's "things"  but to keep my heart totally devoted to the Lord.  He alone knows what's best for me.



Psalm 73:1-3, 16-17, 25-26, 28  (ESV)

Truly God is good to Israel, 
to those those who are pure in heart.  
But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled, 
my steps had nearly slipped.  
For I was envious of the arrogant when I saw 
the prosperity of the wicked.

But when I thought how to understand this, 
it seemed to me a wearisome task, 
until I went into the sanctuary of God, 
then I discerned their end.

Whom have I in heaven but You?  
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides You.  
My flesh and my heart may fail, 
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

But for me it is good to be near God; 
I have made the Lord God my refuge, 
that I may tell of all Your works.




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!