I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, April 6, 2012

One foot

I woke up this morning - early... because I've trained my mind and body to do so... but then just laid there - doing nothing, because I could!  No school today!!!

I love No School Fridays!!!

Ok... school is winding down, my certification is almost complete.  As most of you know, I've always got some kind of goal in front of me.  I now have a new goal.  It's going to require quite a bit of training and will be a huge physical feat for me.

Last Saturday, as I was running, beginning the very first steps of my brand new goal - I was listening to a song on my iPod.  I loved it!  It fit so perfectly with running - and yet fits so perfectly with my life in general.

When we see HUGE obstacles in front of us - the only way we can attack them is just one foot in front of the other.  Not necessarily huge leaps!

Yesterday I did a Physics Lab with my students.  We were calculating Work & Power based on data collected while running up a flight of stairs.  The students asked if they could skip steps.   The answer... NO!  It was important for our data for every student to actually step on every step - one at a time.

We are to do life with God the exact same way.... taking every single step with Him & no skipping steps!

(Caution!  This song is perfect for running -
 so it's kind of a rock song!  
Not my typical smooth easy listening ballads.  
I'm just warning you!)








Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!