I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, April 27, 2012

How far?

Whew!  It's been quite the week!  It started off with my last certification test... and yes... I PASSED!!!  On Monday I took the ESL Certification test, on Tuesday I finished my 4th GT online class and passed that test, yesterday we had a school function for Jordan, a T-Ball game for JP and in between those to events, I went to a visitation for a student's family member who passed away.

Oh!  And did I mention this has been TAKS testing week at school?  I'm quite weary to say the least.  One day as we were coming or going (who can keep up?) with the kids... JP was looking up to the sky and he asked me how many miles was it to Heaven.

Then later in the week, I heard this song on my way to work.  It was just too fitting for me to put it on my blog.  The song talks about how weary we sometimes get in this life.  And how we just "gotta know" - how far is Heaven.

I told JP that we can't get there in a plane - or even a rocket ship - but it only takes a second to get there - when God's ready for you to be there.  Until that day.... like Judges 8:4 says, I'm "exhausted yet pursuing."

Have a great weekend!






Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!