I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

His Word Sunday

I love getting up early!  I know I'm a weirdo in this area.  It's even strange to me, because I love sleep!  I love going to bed early.  And when my alarm clock goes off, I don't pop right up - excited to start the day.  I love the hit the snooze button just like everyone else.

But once I get up, I realize just how peaceful the early morning is to my spirit.  I think most of us would say we hear the voice of the Lord better when it's quiet - when we have no other distractions.

While we do need to have quiet time with the Lord, His voice can be louder than all the things that surround us.  I was reminded of this as I read from Psalms this morning.  I think too often people think they can't hear the voice of the Lord because they don't have enough quiet time in their day.



Well - check this out - see just how loud the voice of the Lord can be...

Psalm 29:3-5, 7-9
The voice of the Lord is over the waters; 
the God of glory thunders, the Lord, over many waters.
The voice of the Lord is powerful; 
the voice of the Lord is full of majesty.
The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars; 
the Lord breaks the cedars of Lebanon.
The voice of the Lord flashes forth flames of fire.
The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness.
The voice of the Lord makes the deer give birth 
and strips the forest bare, and in His temple all cry, "Glory!"

The end of the passage about the "voice of the Lord" ends like this...

Psalm 29:11
May the Lord give strength to His people!  
May the Lord bless His people with peace!

It is my prayer that I will hear the voice of the Lord in the quiet and in the loud.  I don't want to use "it's too noisy in my house" to not read my Bible.  If the voice of the Lord can really do all that is described above - break trees, flash flames of fire, shake the wilderness - then certainly it can cut through cartoons  and noisy children!

I want the voice of the Lord to be powerful in my own life 
so I can experience His strength and His peace!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!