I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

His Words Sunday

Today in our ladies class at church, I'm teaching on being chosen and called by God to live a life of service to Him.  I came across the verse and have thought on it all week.

I know this is long and hopefully its length will not deter you from reading.  I found it very encouraging to notice what happens if we live in this way and what happens if we don't!!

2 Peter 1:5-10 (NASB)
Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge; and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness; and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.

For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.  For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.

Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

4 comments:

Larri said...

Love this! Those qualities all hinge on one another, don't they? And it all begins with FAITH. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful passage today. Happy Sunday! :o)

Unknown said...

I love God's promises... "for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble". Amen.

Kathy & Brent Bourg said...

Brent agrees with you. As we practice these principals together, it is nice to know that we will stumble less and fall less often. Great bible study this morning. You truly inspire us.

Joy said...

Wonderful verses that were needed today. Thank you. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!