I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Good to be home!

Wow!  I can't believe that I've been "off-line" for so long!  John & I were given a WONDERFUL gift last week.  While our kids were attending Grandmother & Papa Camp in Texas, he & I went to a BEAUTIFUL cabin in Colorado.  We enjoyed 5 days of just hanging out together.  There was no TV or internet available - so we talked and talked, went on hikes, rode ATV's, read books, and took numerous naps!  It was truly heavenly!  I wasn't sure how I would make it without being connected to the world wide web - but amazingly enough I think I came out better on the other side!

When you get away from the hustle & bustle of every day chaos you're able to REALLY hear from God.  I could truly see Him in the twinkling stars and the gorgeous mountains!  But I think our favorite was watching the amazing sunsets every night.  Each night, no matter where we were or what we were doing - when the sun was about to set - we went out on the back deck and just talked and toasted the sun as it went behind the clouds.  Such a precious time!

I'm a morning person (even on vacation - crazy I know!) - so I wanted to catch the sunrise as well.  So a couple of mornings I took my Bible & my cup of coffee out on the other deck (yes, it was a wrap around deck!) and just allowed the Lord to speak to me.  He gave me many words and messages that I can't wait to share with you all.  Today I'm back to reality with Saddle Ridge Ranch VBS - but as soon as I can get back in the swing of every day life - I'm going to share these wonderful things with you here on my blog!

So stay tuned!

I love you all dearly!
Your sis in the faith,
Pen

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

4 comments:

grandmotherpic said...

I can't wait to read your gleanings from 5 days of quiet time with the Lord. I hope to catch some of that this week before going back to cooperate america & the bank. Not to say that He didn't speak during grandmother camp. He did, but it had to be pretty quick listening because He had some children that were also vying for my attention. Love it!!!

grandmotherpic said...

this is the 3rd time I've tried to post a comment here. Gees what am I doing wrong???? Anyway...I can't wait to hear what will be here when vbs is over and you can share 5 whole days alone with the Lord with us.

Sara said...

I'm so glad you had such a peaceful, inspiring, soul-tending trip. It sounds like you're refreshed and ready to go. Bring on VBS, right? :-)

Rev. John Franklin said...

Thanks for sharing life and the porch with me, Babe! The road goes on forever and the party never ends... praise God the road has moments of placid rest!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!