I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Do you ever feel "spent"?!

Wow!  It's the beginning of a new week in the Franklin house and everything is in high gear.  My husband is a Pastor, so typically the beginning of the week is our time to recover & catch up from a busy Sunday.  This week is no different.  My list for the week is probably much like yours, groceries, loads and loads of laundry, clean bathrooms, wash sheets, and clean small kids' rooms.  Then I've got a few others that are "must do's" - write lesson for Sunday, I'm starting a new ladies Bible Study this week, check on the visitors that came on Sunday - oh my!  And of course handle all of this with 2 children under the age of 6!  It's enough to make my head spin!  All of these are wonderful things (well, except for the cleaning of the bathrooms - I'm actually quite scared of what I will find in my son's bathroom!) and I want to do them for my family.  However, often times these are the very things that make me feel... spent and exhausted.

Recently I read about another woman who felt very spent in many areas of her life and yet was given an amazing word of promise and hope.  A word that you and I can lean & rely on as well.

Visit me at Seeds of Faith for the rest of the story!



Your sis in the faith,
Pen

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

3 comments:

forthelove0f4 said...

this post hit home and i was so happy to read it. thank you for stopping by my blog. i am now following you as well.

Unknown said...

Hello, I am visiting through iFellowship and now following as well. It's nice to "meet" you :-)

-Angela
http://homemadewisdom.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny-
Blessings to you from iFellowship!
Sue :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!