I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Am I doing enough?

Okay - this is going to be a short and sweet post...

I'm sure I'm like most Moms, wondering if what I'm doing - what I'm teaching - is actually sinking in and making a difference in my children's lives.  I know Jordan and JP are still really young - but I do want to instill within them a desire to read their Bible, to have a heart for God, and to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.

Every night before going to bed, John & I check on both of our precious little ones.  Usually we have to re-adjust their blankets, make sure they have their favorite stuffed animal right beside them, and make sure they aren't going to fall out of the bed during the night.  One night last week, we found Jordan like the photo above - in her bed, her favorite animal (named Boppy - who knows why - that she's had since birth) right beside her and holding her Children's One Year Bible strong within her grip.

John & I read our One Year Bible daily and she hears us talk about what we read that day often.  We LOVE reading our Bible this way and even got my parents hooked on it as well.  My Mom (Grandmother) so strongly believes in this Bible reading plan, that she bought all of the grandkids the children's edition last summer.  Jordan LOVES hers!

Of all of the options on her bookshelf - Goodnight Moon, Dora, Barbie, and all the other classics - this is the one that she choose to read after we tucked her in for the night!  I couldn't have been prouder.  (obviously, since we took a photo of her sleeping)

Just a word of encouragement to Moms everywhere... just when you think you're not doing a good job - know that you are!  In between the fights with her brother, the screaming to get out of her room, the asking for a snack for the gazillionth time - we see moments like this in our children.  And they really do make all the stressful Mom moments fade.

I love all dearly!
Your sis in the faith,
Pen

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

1 comments:

Sara said...

This was truly a sweet post. I ask myself the same question all the time. It's great when kids show you in their little moments that they're "getting it" after all. I started praying that God's spirit would be on my boys from the moment I knew they were coming. I'm also thankful that they have examples to look up to other than me!! :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!