I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Steady my heart

You know what one of my most favorite things about a sunrise is?  It symbolizes a brand new day!  You get to start all over!  It gives you an opportunity to take a deep breath and have a "do-over."

However, I'm realizing more and more at school, I have to pretend or rather treat each new class period as if it were a brand new day.  I can't carry over to 4th period what happened in 3rd period - that's not very fair to them.  Just so you know... this is SUPER HARD!

I have to consciously take a deep breath and somehow steady my heart from the drama that just happened and present a "whole new day, a whole new Mrs. Franklin" to the kids that are seeing me for the first time since yesterday.

I heard this song this week and fell in love with it!  It's all about how God is with us, even on those really hard days... and the process, He steadies our heart!

I hope you have a fantastic Friday!





Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!